I have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award from two very dear friends I have had the good fortune to meet through blogging, Sherry Stanfa-Stanley, and Julia Munroe Martin, who bestowed this on me in May and in my pre-release haze I completely neglected to post my appreciation AND my 7 things you may not know about me!
So without further adoo–and with my warmest thanks to both of you ladies for thinking of me…
7 things you may not know (or want to know? Oh, too late!) about me:
1. I was a hockey goalie for our high school hockey team. It was all guys except for myself and another girl who was also a goalie–only she was actually really, really good.
2. I worked for several summers as a tour guide for the only remaining Shaker Village, at Sabbathday Lake, Maine.
3. I was on Romper Room. (Extra points if anyone actually remembers that show.)
4. I love, LOVE to drive.
5. Knives freak the heck out of me. I don’t know if I was a Thanksgiving turkey in a past life, but I always get the heebie-jeebies using knives in cooking. And I LOVE to cook! My husband, who as I’ve mentioned once or twice or a thousand times, is an amazing cook and values his collection of knives and can’t understand why I use a small serrated steak knife to cut a watermelon, for example.
6. Tanya Tucker and I have dated the same man. (Okay, so he was nine when I dated him, and by “dated” I mean he asked me out at recess, then called me that night to break up.)
7. I love stale Peeps.
* * * *
Okay, now fair’s fair…How about 1 little-known thing about all of you?